Bob Eager

Default 100A isolator?

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 22:01:36 UTC, "Owain"
wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote
| I'm in the process of rewiring the house, and having noted all the
| comments, would like to fit a 100A isolator.
| If that's OK, next question. Can anyone recommend a source for a
| suitable isolator? All I've found is a 2 or 4 position consumer unit
| box with a 100A DP switch in it....perhaps I'm looking at the
| wrong suppliers (RS, TLC, CPC). If that is a reasonable solution,
| presumably I ignore the busbar and just wire into top and bottom
| of the switch...

The Wylex 100A switchfuse is at
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WY110M.html

Obviously didn't search with the right terms!

However a 3-phase switch only is actually half the price
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CMDX100.html

Use one phase for L and one phase for N and *label the terminals*

Yes, considered that...would be fairly reasonable as it's a 4 terminal
cutout...outer left for L and outer right for N...

Thanks...
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...