Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT. Turds in Iowa.

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Sorry, but tax levies where someone comes in and takes my money
against my will is force. Period. You can have a system of laws and
still have force for enforcement.

ANY creditor can repossess your vehicle, lien your home, garnish your
wages, and levy your bank account to zero.
That's what happens to deadbeats who don't pay their bills.

And even WORSE things happen to people who skip on on their bail bills. The
courts have given bail bondsmen (aka Dog the Bounty Hunter) pretty
remarkable powers when it comes to bringing those sorts of deadbeats to
justice. Their powers (against bail jumpers, anyway) seem to me to exceed
the powers of any IRS agent tracking a tax dead beat. Or come very, very
close to being equal.

Besides, I assume by this time Ms. Ronnie Deutsch the tax lady's ads have
reached the entire USA. She'll "unforce" the IRS's seizure, or so she
claimed:

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/05/13/362...ch-closes.html

Deutch's slide began in August, when then-Attorney General Jerry Brown
sued her for allegedly swindling her clients. Brown alleged that Deutch's
firm charged up to $4,700 per client, but did little work on their behalf.
Less than 10 percent of clients had their federal tax debts resolved, he
said. The lawsuit demanded that she return $34 million to customers and
cease advertising. Later that month, a court order was issued to prevent
Deutch from destroying evidence. Brown's successor, Attorney General Kamala
Harris, alleges that Deutch violated the court's orders "almost before they
came off the printer" by embarking on a massive shredding operation that
claimed as many as 2.7 million documents by the end of March

Maybe that's what poor Bob's worried about in the other thread! A shredding
party. I've seen a few - it's another thing, like forgery, that is terribly
common in bitter litigation. Divorce judges so routinely hear horrific
stories of molestation by one parent or the other that they give them very
little weight unless remarkably well-substantiated.

Well. The now infamous "Hi, I'm Ronnie DEUTCH" would be of no help anymore.
When I
heard those ads, I thought to myself "if she can get cases settled for
pennies on the dollar maybe the smart move is to let a huge debt accrue then
knock it down in negotiations." I am glad I only thought about it. It
seems to have been the scam I always thought it was.

But plenty of legit tax lawyers can "unforce" that seizure or if not,
serious slow the IRS down. Let's see someone try to legally reverse of a
bullet in the heart, the potential result of resisting a true "taking by
force."

--
Bobby G.