Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default OT - Anyone planning to evacuate from Irene?

On Aug 28, 7:00*am, " wrote:
On Aug 26, 12:17*am, rangerssuck wrote:

I'm right in the line of fire (four mile drive from the George
Washington Bridge), and I'm gonna hunker down and enjoy the show.

Being this prepared, I fully expect the storm to be nothing more than
a breeze a drizzle.

It was pretty much a non event at our house. *We did get a lot of
rain, but not close to the prediction of 12 to 14 inches. *The creek
is *up and out of its banks, but it *has been higher as a result of
thunderstorms. *The power stayed on which is good as I can hear the
sump pump running every once in a while. *Still pretty breezy outside,
but looking from the house I can not see any trees or limbs down.

Our power was out 5am Sunday through 10pm Sunday. Cable & internet
were out from about 11am to a few minutes after the power came back
(I'm thinking Time Warner doesn't have enough backup power). My
generator carried the load for my house and ran three neighbors' sump
pumps as well.

We (the neighbors and I) consumed a pint of bourbon.

All in all, it could have been much worse for me. One of my customers,
in East Brunswick, has five feet of water in his (finished and
furnished) basement.