Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Rehash please - best non-gas generators

On Aug 29, 7:44*am, Han wrote:
We've sat through another extended (16 hr) power outage, and some around
here (north Jersey/NYC area) are still without power. *This time it wasn't
hot or cold, but who knows what the next time will bring. *Therefore I'd
like to buy a generator that can handle the fridge, a TV and the heating
system, or perhaps the A/C. *This is a smallish single family home, ~1800
sq feet. *I do realize that the heating system (natural gas-fired baseboard
hot water) and/or the A/C need special switching that I'd need an
electrician to install. *A close friend used to work for an electrician, so
I could get expert advice and inspection for this.

Because this generator wouldn't be needed very often at all, I am thinking
of a propane system, not gasoline, but I'm open to all. Any recommendations
for brands/models from the cabal??

--
Best regards
Han

natural gas with auto transfer capability. a permanent install always
ready to go. still pricey but way more affordable than years ago.

say yopur away from home in mid winter and the power fails.