Upscale

Default How to infuriate your wife: Lesson 1

"Dan" wrote in message
getting my obligatory Secret Santa present, and sizing up the 44-bottle
wine racks on sale for 35 bucks. Man, were they were _cheap_ looking. Pine
sticks stapled together in a framework that held bottles. Solid pine top.
No finish. Looked like they were thrown together by drunk monkeys.

People were buying them in twos and threes. They were lined up four deep

at
four checkouts, congratulating each other on the good deal. I've gone back

It's amazing what people will consider buying. A single bottle of wine can
easily be worth many times the cost of one of those racks. The chance of it
collapsing and losing a sizeable chuck of cash in the process probably never
occurred to one of those anxious to buy purchasers.