Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Bad Bosch Band Saw Blades

On 8/28/2011 9:43 PM, Hoosierpopi wrote:
Replying to all who offered advice.

I went to Klingspor and bout a Timber wolf blade. Set it up (flutter)
as instructed - scary low tension) and it works. I also reset the
steel guides (need to get cool blocks or ceramic blocks or rollers, I
guess and maybe a new yellow spring) and the roller on top - the blade
(at low tension) was missing it entirely. I discovered why the top
bearing shaft was hex-shaped!

The blade does cut noticeably better than the old one or the Bosch
blades.

Unfortunately, we are done with the major BS cutting operation (last
eight pickets done today) so cannot test the TW against the same
amount of work as was put to the Bosch blades (three broke all told -
Lowes took 'em back).

I have never subscribed to the low tension setting, I use close to the
setting suggested by my saw gauge.