Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 23:36:03 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

Of course blame the law for your situation. A room provided for smokers
with decent filtration and extraction (as before the law changed) saved
such things.

It certainly did and I'm all for re-introducing it. However, it did not
solve the problem of pubs, restaurants, etc. and the idea of smoking and
non-smoking areas in those just didn't work - in another post in this
thread, I have commented that a group of us (mainly non-smokers) used to
go out together and if even one smoker was with us, we'd all have to sit
in the smoking area, as otherwise the smoker would winge all night to
the extent of ruining everyone elses' night out.

Anti social sods ,I take it they must have had other qualities which
made their company worthwhile to put up with that behaviour rather
than telling them to bugger off.
I was a heavy smoker till about 7 years ago but never smoked close to
Non smoking friends or indeed other non smokers preferring to go
outside for many years before the law made it a requirement.
Sometimes being the Smoker could be an advantage,in a pub for example
if a smokers fumes started to drift over our group I was the one who
politely asked if they could consider people near them. Fair to say
that most politely did but there was the odd moaner "what do you
expect me to do " comment to which I would reply while pulling me
fags out "you can go somewhere where it doesn't matter like I am about
to do". This usually shut up all but the real arrogant or awkward
types but people like that are often the type you would normally not
have chosen to sit near in the first place.

G.Harman