Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Resurrecting sealed lead acid batteries for outside home equipment(gate)

On 8/28/2011 4:50 PM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 8/24/2011 11:03 AM, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Aug 24, 9:53 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 8/2/2011 11:37 AM, wrote:

On Aug 1, 4:05 pm, SF wrote:
I just didn't realize these sealed 'dry' 7 amp 12 volt lead-acid
batteries
were so fragile.
What the hell do you mean "fragile?" You left the batteries out there
for a YEAR, probably with a parasitic load on them from the gate
electronics.
There is no lead acid battery that can be resurrected from being drawn
completely down to 0 Volts, and held there for months.
I believe the Firefly lead acid batteries would survive. Check out the
technology on their site.

http://www.fireflyenergy.com/index.p...nt&task=view&i...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yptegj

TDD
I doubt it. This guy's batteries probably got drawn down to 0 in the
firts month or two. And sat dead from then till now. No lead acid
battery is going to survive that.

There is quite a difference in the plate structure of the Firefly
batteries compared to conventional lead acid batteries. I may Email
the company with an inquiry about deep discharge of their product.

TDD

Deep discharge was not the problem. If you re-charge immediately after
deep discharge, there is not much of a problem.
Hoever if you wait several months, even a high quality battery is toast.

Did you read about the Firefly technology, it's a bit different from