Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] greenpjs@neo.rr.com is offline

Default Microwave diode bad?

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 08:38:50 -0500, Andrew Rossmann
wrote:

I opened it up and checked. So far, the only obvious thing I can see is
that the large diode between the transformer and ground may be open. I
get infinite resistance in both directions. I assume there is nothing
special about testing these types of diodes?

It's an HVR-1X diode. This appears, based on some Googling, to be very
common, and the HVR-1X3 seems to be a common replacement.

That diode is spec'ed at having a large forward voltage drop (10-14
volts). I regular ohm meter will not provide a voltage that high and
will show open.