Dan

Default How to infuriate your wife: Lesson 1

On Mon 23 Feb 2004 04:18:27p, "mel" wrote in
m:

Care to share what these possibilities might be? I've been cutting cedar
porch brackets, building gable louvers and exterior shutters for new home
builders.

Actually no. I wanna experiment with it before I shoot my mouth off. But
I'll share the third because I can't set up for it now. I was in Cost Plus
getting my obligatory Secret Santa present, and sizing up the 44-bottle
wine racks on sale for 35 bucks. Man, were they were _cheap_ looking. Pine
sticks stapled together in a framework that held bottles. Solid pine top.
No finish. Looked like they were thrown together by drunk monkeys.

People were buying them in twos and threes. They were lined up four deep at
four checkouts, congratulating each other on the good deal. I've gone back
since Christmas, and they're not selling as fast as that, but they're still
selling. I figure if a guy set up with the right jigs, he could work up to
cranking those out at least five or six a day, maybe ten, that were ten
times more solid than that and a lot better looking too. I'd make up some
stock and see if I could find wherever those folks hung out. Maybe it would
work, maybe not. But from what I could see it'd be worth the trouble
finding out.

Dan