Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Anyone planning to evacuate from Irene?

On Aug 26, 12:17*am, rangerssuck wrote:

I'm right in the line of fire (four mile drive from the George
Washington Bridge), and I'm gonna hunker down and enjoy the show.

Being this prepared, I fully expect the storm to be nothing more than
a breeze a drizzle.

It was pretty much a non event at our house. We did get a lot of
rain, but not close to the prediction of 12 to 14 inches. The creek
is up and out of its banks, but it has been higher as a result of
thunderstorms. The power stayed on which is good as I can hear the
sump pump running every once in a while. Still pretty breezy outside,
but looking from the house I can not see any trees or limbs down.

Dan