jester

Default Anyone use CAD software to design projects?

I use Visio... Works well and free from work... Not the best program I
realize... but it does get the job done.

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Mark wrote:

Also I've said it befo Cad inhibits creativity. I imagine 3d Cad would be
more detrimental.

I dunno. Once upon a time, back before the earth cooled,
and all we had were pen plotters...

God were they awful or what? Ever spend twenty/thirty/forty
minutes watching a plot (1) and seeing the pen rip the paper
on the last line? What did we have, three line weights?

Anyway, with plotter teknologee being what it is a skillful
user can craft a pretty fine looking draring which is half
the battle of wonderment and indecision.

God bless Al Gore for inventing thinner line weights and
half-tones.

sigh...

ObWW: I use the plotter for making pitchers of woodwork so
the guys in the shoppe know what to make and what it is
that's paying our salaries this week/month/year.

(1) One thing I do miss is being mesmerized by the plotter.
Can't get that with the jet plotters today.

sigh...

UA100, who will step aside now and make room so CW can tell
us what the best plotter is...