Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT. Turds in Iowa.

In article ,
" wrote:

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 08:40:44 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

I stand corrected on the air traffic controllers. Thanks for reminding
me.

Now that I think on it, Nixon fired special prosecutor Archibald Cox,
Attorney General Elliot Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William
Ruckelshaus.

I wonder whether being a Republican president has anything to do with
it?

Dunno. But I will agree that it's probably much tougher to fire a fed
employee than a private sector one.

These are bad examples because all are political appointments who
serve only at the pleasure of the president. He can chuck them overboard
at will.

That's the theory. You do remember Bush and the Attorneys General? If not:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dismiss...ys_controversy

That's the law. The rest of this is just political posturing