Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bad Bosch Band Saw Blades

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:44:03 -0700, Hoosierpopi wrote:

Timber Wolf Bandsaw Blade 1/4" x 93-1/2", 6 TPI Timber Wolf makes the
worlds only thin-kerf, low tension, silicon steel band saw blades that
will outlast your old carbon steel blades by a mile! Your bandsaw will
cut better and faster, with less wear on bearings, shafts and tires.

I like Timberwolf blades, but I haven't found them to work as well under
low tension as they do under normal tension. They wander more under low
tension. I don't know what tension I'm using, I just tighten till the
blade sounds tight when twanged.

For blades I use infrequently, I buy Olsen. One of these days I'll try a
HH Woodslicer.