Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default OT computer Q

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
On Aug 26, 8:57 pm, "Snag" wrote:
Would I be better
off looking for a replacement at a yard sale ? We have a small CRT
monitor on it for now so the g-kids can still play their games ,
but it sure ain't optimum ...
--
Snag

Check the thrift stores. Around here the smaller lcd displays are
about $15 to $25 in the thrift stores.

Dan

Excellent idea ! Thanks .

Since you suggested yard sales I assumed you didn't have thrift or
used computer stores nearby. A store is more likely able to
demonstrate that it works and give you a short period to return it,
or help if you have problems. Except for the HDTV and a few internal
components all my computer equipment was second-hand.

jsw

I get a lot of stuff at two local pawn shops too . Mostly tools ... guess I
need to check them for monitors too !
I found a place that sells cap kits , they showed a different power board
for my model . Also said send us pics and cap count/specs if we don't show
yours , they'll do mine for half price if it's new to their database . So I
did !
--
Snag
Learning keeps