Ron

Default Saw mill in pittsburgh area - Duncansville Mill

Got just the place for you Dave. However, it's about a 2 hr drive from

you.
It's called Mountain Lake Lumber, located in Duncansville.

Just a small one man operation, but he has a band mill and a kiln. I've
bought some great white & red oak from him ($1.80 bf) and ash ($1.50 bf).
Really nice guy named Norm runs it. 814-696-8706. 2740 Old Route 22,
Duncansville, PA 16635. Get on the turnpike east, take the Bradford

Exit,
go north on US 99 to Duncansville. Go west on Old Hwy 22, about 3 miles.
On the right side. It's kind of a long trip (I live in York, and it's two
hrs for me), but well worth it.

Would you say his oak is suitable for flooring?
Is it FAS grade?
I'd need about 550-600 bf.(sqft)
At less than $2 a bf, I could buy a new planer and probably still come out
ahead.
If so, definitely worth a 2 hr drive.

ThankX,
Ron