Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default OT - Anyone planning to evacuate from Irene?

rangerssuck wrote:
On Aug 25, 11:03 pm, "Ed wrote:
Is anyone starting to plan evacuation out there? The latest models show the
eye going right over my garage.g I'm only 6 miles from salt water, but
I'm at 115 feet of altitude, so I'm going to ride it out. The storm surge
*could* wind up re-shaping the barrier islands of NJ, like one did just
under a century ago.

It doesn't look good.

--
Ed Huntress

Oh, and one more thing. An earthquake AND the "storm of the century"
in the same week? Surely this is some Old-Testament punishment for
something...

That earthquake shook one of my lathes so that it was tapering a couple
of thousandths per foot and I had a job on Thursday that required
holding a thousandth in a seven inch bore and turn. I wondered at first
why it was tapering so much and then realized that it got shook by the
quake. It normally cut straight within a tenth or two for the length of
the lathe.

I guess next month we get the locusts.

John