Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default How to board up your windows...

Subway and all transit services are being halted in the greater NYC area
well in advance of the real bad weather, precisely because of the
inadequate infrastructure (as elsewhere). I think they really expect the
subway tunnels to flood, as well as railyards, etc. I used to ride
NJTransit into Hoboken or NYC, and from here the tracks go over a low
bridge and along wetlands in direct connection with the ocean, running
maybe 3 feet above the mean high water mark. I often wonder why they built
those tracks that low, when they had to put them largely on piles anyway a
few years back when the Secaucus interchange became operational.

It's getting grey and dark at the moment in North Jersey, but no rain or
wind yet. Have to get the patio furniture in ...

--
Best regards
Han