Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT. Turds in Iowa.

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
"Robert Green" wrote:

Even so, the idea that the money is "taken by force" is still pretty
ludicrous. AFAIK, it's all done quite legally through the tax laws and

not
"by force." Don't like those laws, run for office and change them.

Of course it is taken by force. Pretty much all taxes are, or at least
the threat of it.

Which is it? By force or by threat of force? Two very different animals.

Both as needed, and I would submit that they are two sides of the
same sword. Our shared experience around the edges of law enforcement
show that over and over again where some people stop doing things if you
threaten to toss them in jail, while others just can't get the concept
until they hit jail (if even then.)

Look at what happens to the bank accounts, etc., of
all the anti-tax whack jobs. Try to NOT pay taxes. IRS agent are armed
in many instances. At the least they can come in and clear out your bank
accounts.

You must mean "freeze them" until you get your day in Tax Court.

That isn't how it works, they put on the lien and then if you don't
pay and/or **** them off somehow, the move it to a levy and they can,
and will come for your money. The interim step is a protection, sure,
but in the end, you don't pay taxes due, they empty the bank accounts
and come after property. That is force by any definition.

Sorry, but the word "force" has serious legal meaning, particularly when
it's coupled with the phrase "taken by." I doubt anyone here has been
accosted by an armed IRS agent and forced to cough up money which is then
given to illegal aliens. Sounds ludicrous when it's put in that context,
doesn't it? That's because it IS ludicrous. You, or your parents, or your
grandparents voted for and approved the means by which taxes are collected
in the US. Using such inflammatory and inaccurate statements are part of
the great and growing inability to have meaningful discussions about
anything in this country.

The illegal aliens part is outside of my expertise and purview of my
answer (grin).

People who don't like income taxes should also not like wars, because they
are the reason that income taxes came about in the first place. Oddly, they
don't seem to. They want the magic war fairy to pay for wars. More
precisely they want the Feds to pay for only what functions they believe to
be funded, everyone else be damned.

Both sides which is a big part of the divide we see. The magic payment
fairy is a bipartisan delusion.
But to allege that the money's taken by force is nonsensical. There are
plenty of other countries where that statement is true, but not in America.

Sorry, but tax levies where someone comes in and takes my money
against my will is force. Period. You can have a system of laws and
still have force for enforcement.