Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT. Turds in Iowa.

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

I stand corrected on the air traffic controllers. Thanks for reminding me.

Now that I think on it, Nixon fired special prosecutor Archibald Cox,
Attorney General Elliot Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William
Ruckelshaus.

I wonder whether being a Republican president has anything to do with it?

Dunno. But I will agree that it's probably much tougher to fire a fed
employee than a private sector one.

These are bad examples because all are political appointments who
serve only at the pleasure of the president. He can chuck them overboard
at will.