Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Who changes their motor oil at 3000 miles?

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:46:59 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
Steve Barker wrote:

suit yourself. you're probably right, given most you yuppies won't keep
the vehicle long enough to matter. Might just as well not change it at
all if you're only gonna keep it 50,000 miles or 2 years. Why bother.?

I once drove 100 miles to look at a used car with 50,000 miles on it. I
asked the seller for service receipts and he said the car had never
needed any service. "What about oil changes?" I inquired. And the answer
was a sneering "I never bother with stuff like that."

Did you buy the car?