Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT. Turds in Iowa.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Robert Green wrote:

stuff snipped

Have you ever even HEARD of a government employee getting fired?

Plenty of times. As RicodJour said "Your selective memory switch
needs to be toggled." Again.

You do remember your hero, Ronald Reagan, firing the 11,345 striking
air traffic controllers?

Giggle right back at you. A wasted mind is a terrible thing.

I stand corrected on the air traffic controllers. Thanks for reminding me.

Now that I think on it, Nixon fired special prosecutor Archibald Cox,
Attorney General Elliot Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William
Ruckelshaus.

I wonder whether being a Republican president has anything to do with it?

Dunno. But I will agree that it's probably much tougher to fire a fed
employee than a private sector one. When my Dad was an SES in the Navy,
they had an employee called "Absolute Zero" who not only did not do any
credible work, he was also squatting in an abandoned Nike site he somehow
had gained access to (this was in the 60's, IIRC). Dad could neither fire
him nor get him evicted from the site without tons of trouble and red tape.
It happened, eventually, but at a tremendous cost in man hours spent with
hearings, etc.

Dad said that in the 80's, when he retired, the situation had improved
markedly so that someone like "Absolute Zero" would be out of a job and his
missile silo a hell of a lot more quickly.

Nowadays, instead of firing bad employees, they try transferring them to
some hell-hole assignment hoping that they will get the message and resign
on their own.

--
Bobby G.