Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Anonymous[_9_] Anonymous[_9_] is offline

Default TV aerial gizmo

Winston wrote in :

Dave U. Random wrote:
Winston wrote :

(...)

Sure!
It is called a splitter.
http://www.dennysantennaservice.com/1079229.html

Insert it between your antenna and your living room
TV and run coax from it's other outputs to the
cable inputs of your other TVs.

Although if yer in a weak reception area, you may need an amplifier.
Splitting the signal makes it weaker for all the TVs.

But if yer in a strong reception area, you've
solved the problem for ~$20. If signal strength
is insufficient, yer money's not wasted because
you can insert yer distribution amp between
the antenna and the input of the splitter.

(...)

It's so much easier nowadays.

And watching the shows from 'way back is pretty
painful now because most of the magic was in
the experience of watching a real television
rather than the quality of the production.

Too true.

Case in point, "My Mother The Car", starring Dick Van Dyke's brother,
Jerry.

Loved that show, watched every episode, hated that it only ran one
year... but I was young and stupid, I guess. Supposedly it's been
deemed the second-worst show of all time, right behind the Jerry
Springer Show (Really? A family-oriented, fun show about a talking car
is only barely better than _Springer_, evil-incarnate himself? Really?
And Knight Rider, another talking-car show, scored better than that?!
Really?! Unfair!).

Still want a car that looks like a 1928 Porter (even if the actual car
was a 1924 Ford), though.