Posted to alt.home.repair
Reed Reed is offline

Default Which kind of valve?

On 8/26/11 11:16 AM, micky wrote:
While I was out, for only 2 hours, my tank toilet started spraying a
narrow straight stream of water out the bottom of the tank. I don't
know how that is even possible, since I could find no leak in the line
to the tank or the connection at the tank, nor any hole in the tank
(other than the one for the line).

(snip)

I recently had a similar experience. Water was leaking from bottom of
tank around the fill valve fitting. No amount of re-tightening or new
washers would stop it. Took 2 days to find that a pinhole leak had
appeared in the threads of the fill valve in the open area between the
tank nut & washer, and the line from the shutoff valve.