Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Can I buy these?

zzzzzzzzzz wrote the following:
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:58:16 -0500, Hachiroku wrote:

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:41:18 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 8/26/2011 8:55 AM, hls wrote:
"Hachiroku" wrote in message
eb.com...
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:35:44 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

In article , dpb wrote:

Or,
drill the hole of proper diameter and use a file to square out the
corners is nothing but some time doing a repetitive piece of mindless
work...
Why not just drill a square hole?

I can't. I'm too busy mixing spotted paint...

Honestly, a friend of mine DID make a spotted paint. It held together
during
storage, and sprayed or brushed on. He thought he would make a bunch of
money
on it but never did.
Auto trunk interiors have been or were painted with it for years. :-)

TDD

I think Krylon used to sell it but I couldn't find it. They also sell
"hammered" finish paint!

And "crackle" finish, though I haven't seen it for some time.

Wasn't crackle a two part finish?
A first coat with one paint and the second, the crackle coat, with
another paint.
The second coat dried faster than the first which caused it to crackle
when the first coat dried, or was it the opposite? I forgot.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY