Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default How to board up your windows...

On Aug 26, 11:10*am, rlz wrote:
On Aug 26, 11:57*am, willshak wrote:

HeyBub wrote the following:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

...and other stuff in advance of the hurricane.

I especially liked the idea of letting your washer fill, then
shutting it off. Viola! Some gallons of potable water.
A viola is a stringed musical instrument, similar to a violin.

Thank you for the correction. I never was too good at German spelling (too
many umlauts).

Voila is French and is pronounced vwahlah.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

The idea of the dishwater being "bolted" down is a joke. *most
dishwashers are screwed into the bottom of a countertop with just a
half inch screw holding it in place. *The countertop is probably made
up of partical

particle

board, so when wet it will barely hold those screws.

HB

Robin