Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default OT - Anyone planning to evacuate from Irene?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:06:54 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message

"Ed wrote in message
Is anyone starting to plan evacuation out there? The latest models show
the eye going right over my garage.g I'm only 6 miles from salt water,

Good luck. Hope you got a generator and plenty of gas.

Best Regards
Tom.

It's not too late to pick up an inverter
to run your fridge off your car electricals
for an hour a day.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1200-wa...ter-93761.html

--Winston

I can tell you it's too late to buy a generator anywhere within 3
hours of the Jersey-PA border. I had a generator I've been trying to
sell for several months - nothing wrong with it and it was priced
right; there just wasn't any demand. With the storm coming, I posted
it again Thursday night in the Harrisburg, PA craigslist since it's
been about 6 weeks since the last posting. I've been bombarded with
emails and phone calls from people as far away as NJ, MD, and the DC
area. Most are 3+ hours away. I sold it this evening to a young
couple from the Allentown area who drove 2 hours to get here. Some of
the callers sounded really desperate. I sold it for what I had in it,
but I probably could have raised the price and still sold it. I spent
a lot of time returning calls and emails this evening so that people
knew where they stood in line in case the purchaser didn't show.
(I had made the arrangements this AM for him to see it and held it for
him to arrive at 8 PM this evening. )

RWL