Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Can I buy these?

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:11:52 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

On 8/26/2011 11:37 AM, micky wrote:
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 08:55:53 -0500, wrote:

wrote in message
eb.com...
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:35:44 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

In , wrote:

Or,
drill the hole of proper diameter and use a file to square out the
corners is nothing but some time doing a repetitive piece of mindless
work...

Why not just drill a square hole?

I can't. I'm too busy mixing spotted paint...

Honestly, a friend of mine DID make a spotted paint. It held together
during
storage, and sprayed or brushed on. He thought he would make a bunch of
money
on it but never did.

Were the spots round?

What? Nobody makes plaid paint?

(tip of the hat to the old Warner Brothers (I think) cartoon from the
40s, where they had a pseudo-science teacher going over the special
abilities of various animals. they showed a chameleon happily changing
to match various backgrounds, and then they shoved a swatch of plaid
behind him, and he lost it. more hilarious to see than read about.)

I saw that cartoon. It is a good one. They don't make cartoons like
that anymore.

Plus, they use so few frames, one can notice that they are separate
frames. I would think with computers to help them, they could go
back to the number of fpm that Warner Bros. etc. used.