Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default OT Who changes their motor oil at 3000 miles?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:08:45 -0400, clare wrote:
You probably go through a lot of exhaust fixes.

I do the short trip thing too, and my exhaust generally lasts over
200,000 km - or over 12 years.

It probably varies a lot by vehicle. We've got 206,000mi on the 14 year
old Toyota and it's still on the original exhaust (and it looks like it
might last a while yet, although I need to fix the mounting points for
one of the heat shields as two of the four have rusted through)

cheers

Jules