Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default OT Who changes their motor oil at 3000 miles?

In article ,
(Arthur Shapiro) wrote:

In article
, Harry K
wrote:

I do at 3,000.

I too...for me that's half a year of driving.

I had to join the "Lifetime Oil Change" program at my mechanic, which I think
was $189, because the Honda Element is the first car I've ever had where I
can't change my own oil. (The filter is inaccessible without ramps or being
6'8".) They're happy to do it every four months but I think that's absurd.
They'll lose a bundle on me as I keep cars 15-17 years.

Either that or they won't bother changing the filter very often, like
the infamous jiffy lube people.