Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Attempted thieving pikey scum

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 20:31:36 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:

In article , Tim
Streater scribeth thus

With any luck the road would have "loosed" them into a nearby drove.
Some of those fen roads rhythmically sink into the fen (like a sodding
roller-coaster) - so you can't do more than 25 or so otherwise you'll
bash your head into the roof of your car every 3 secs.

Too right the road from Ely over to the Welney washes has some rather
straight bits but more than 50 its a very uncomfortable ride and I
wouldn't fancy me chances in one of them there Fen dykes;!...

Try starting at the Five Miles from Anywhere pub in Upware and going to
Swaffham Prior - quite easily lose your whole exhaust system on that one
- worst tarmacced road I've ever been on.

Tar? Luxury! We get numerous dirt roads around here and they can be a
total sod unless they've been freshly graded.

I do remember the fen roads as being rather fun to drive on, though - at
least in daylight; you got to know where all the really bad spots were.
Night time was a bit more tricky :-)

cheers

Jules