Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave M[_3_] Dave M[_3_] is offline

Default TV aerial gizmo

mikehh wrote:
Is there a gizmo which can connect to my living room wall TV aerial
socket which will send the TV signal to my bedroom TV"s which
presently have set top aerials on them. At the same time I still want
to maintain the lead from the walll socket to my living room TV?

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is "no". What you're
wanting to do is to rebroadcast the RF ssignal from your TV antenna. Not a
good idea, since the retransmitted signal would severely intefere with the
real broadcast signal, killing all reception.
What you need is a transmitter/receiver pair that translates the signal to a
much higher frequency than the TV signals. This avoids any interference
with the original broadcast signals. However, this approach requires that
you have a set-top box to convert the broadcast signals to video and audio,
retransmit them to a receiver at each TV set, where the video & audio are
demodulated and sent into the TVs. Look at the description at
http://pcpowerzone.com/howtochwitve.html to get more details. Google for
"wireless digital tv transmitter" and see the products available. Read
their capabilities carefully.

The best approach would be to connect your TV antenna to a distribution
amplifier, then run coax cables (RG-59) to all the TVs in your house. A
very good distribution amp is at
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...mplifiers&sku=.
It works quite well in just about any environment, is very low noise, and
has connections for up to four TVs and a cable modem for your computer.
Avoid the cheapie amps such as you would get from Walmart.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net