Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Who changes their motor oil at 3000 miles?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 06:44:21 -0600, Robert Neville
wrote:

ed_h wrote:

My truck has a built in feature that puts a message up on the dash
readout when it's time to change oil. The owners manual says that the
message is based on a lot of things, including length of trips,
temperature, and driving habits, and to change oil when I get the
message, or at 7000 miles, whichever is sooner. The message typically
pops up at around 6000-7500 miles.

Same with my Durango. Oil change light has been coming on around 7000 miles for
the past three years. This last time, it came on at 3000. Driving patterns
haven't changed - mostly highway. Wonder if one of the factors is total mileage
on the vehicle? Doing it at 3000 gets expensive and unnecessary when you use a
full synthetic.

Daughter's new Civic comes on at about 8000km (5000 miles)