Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default OT Who changes their motor oil at 3000 miles?

On Aug 24, 7:22*pm, ed_h wrote:
On Aug 24, 9:02*pm, Metspitzer wrote:

All the oil change places still put 3000 in the window sticker.

My truck has a built in feature that puts a message up on the dash
readout when it's time to change oil. *The owners manual says that the
message is based on a lot of things, including length of trips,
temperature, and driving habits, and to change oil when I get the
message, or at 7000 miles, whichever is sooner. *The message typically
pops up at around 6000-7500 miles.

The factory dealer's service department still puts on the 3000 mile
sticker, though.

I do at 3,000. Been around 6 years since I read the manual but IIRC
it give 3,000 for 'severe service'. Since most of my driving is only
4 miles to town and 4 back that certainly is sever service as it never
gets properly warmed up.

Harry K