Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Cordless iron

"Winston" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Winston wrote:

(...)

Let's say you give me an object for me to look at, temporarily.
I put it in my pocket and walk away.

What makes you think I'd let you walk away with it?

I promised to make it perform to spec.
See, it used to work properly, but then it
malfunctioned. I told you I would fix it
for free and send it back. It's all in
the warranty:

"Cooper Hand Tools will repair or replace products found
to be defective not caused by a part, component
or accessory manufactured by another company, during the
warranty period."

http://www.cooperhandtools.com/welle...y%201-2010.pdf

They didn't repair it or replace it. They stole it.

You never see me or your object again for as long as you live.

How is that not stealing?

How do you know that it wasn't lost in the mail?

When he wouldn't return my calls, I called that a clue.

How long would a company stay in business if they operate the
way you claim?

66 years and counting.

--Winston

Winston, I don't think I would return your calls either.

Gareth.