Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Attempted thieving pikey scum

In article , Tim
Streater scribeth thus
In article
,
" wrote:

I had some luck after an attempt to nick my 4wd from my old, very
rural, property.

Police phoned me 9pm Friday, unusually late he said, but he had a free
slot, could he come round and take the details of the attempted theft?
Yes - no problem.

He turns up 1.5 hours later - for what should have been 15 minutes
away.

Turns out he did turn into my driveway (i.e. farmers field entrance)
much earlier - to find a car parked there, lights out, 2 blokes
inside.

This car takes off like a rocket when they see the cop-car.

Cop car gives chase, reckons he got up to 120 on the back fen roads -
but looses them.

With any luck the road would have "loosed" them into a nearby drove.
Some of those fen roads rhythmically sink into the fen (like a sodding
roller-coaster) - so you can't do more than 25 or so otherwise you'll
bash your head into the roof of your car every 3 secs.

Too right the road from Ely over to the Welney washes has some rather
straight bits but more than 50 its a very uncomfortable ride and I
wouldn't fancy me chances in one of them there Fen dykes;!...
--
Tony Sayer