Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default OT Who changes their motor oil at 3000 miles?

On Aug 24, 10:02*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
All the oil change places still put 3000 in the window sticker.

Manual will probably say change in so many miles/months. As a retiree
who drives less than half the suggested miles in the time alloted, I
usually change mine every 3,000 miles or 6 months.
I recently had a situation where I asked for reimbursement of a known
problem after the warranty period and all service records outside the
dealer were requested. I don't save receipts but I do keep a service
log book and my claim was allowed.