Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT OBD on board diagnostics code scanners

" wrote:

On Aug 21, 8:25 pm, wrote:

Or if your project is to get the truck running and not to build an OBD
scanner, haul it down to one of the chain parts places and they'll
read the code(s) for free. Interpretation is left up to you.

Stan

Good advice. I got the truck running, but still want to have a
working obd.

I just bought this on Ebay for $7.86, including shipping. It is a
OBD-II to USB version, with software, and has more functions than the
cheap handheld units. Plug it into an old laptop and you're ready to go.

Item: 220838688671

I have the Harbor Freight model that's on sale. It will display
codes, but not clear them after a repair.