Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Can I buy these?

When I junked my old car two weeks ago, I forgot to remove two parts
when I removed the hitch.

The guy I sold the car to was going to part it and then sell it to the
crusher, and he probably still has the car and the parts, but if I can
just buy them, it would be easier.

They are the same: two quite thick washers, rectangular, almost 2"
by 3/4", with a square hole in the middle, to accept the square shank
of a large carriage bolt that holds the hitch to the bumper. The
head of the bolt goes where it would be impossible to get a wrench.

What do I call such a thing if I'm trying to buy a couple, and do you
think they are sold separately?

Thanks a lot.

(This is a class I hitch, attached to the car in four places. I have
the hitch and 3 drawbars, and would like to be able to give or sell a
complete hitch..)