Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Resurrecting sealed lead acid batteries for outside home equipment(gate)

On 8/2/2011 11:37 AM, wrote:
On Aug 1, 4:05 pm, SF wrote:
I just didn't realize these sealed 'dry' 7 amp 12 volt lead-acid batteries
were so fragile.

What the hell do you mean "fragile?" You left the batteries out there
for a YEAR, probably with a parasitic load on them from the gate
electronics.

There is no lead acid battery that can be resurrected from being drawn
completely down to 0 Volts, and held there for months.

I believe the Firefly lead acid batteries would survive. Check out the
technology on their site.

http://www.fireflyenergy.com/index.p...49&Itemi d=65

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yptegj

TDD