Posted to rec.woodworking

Default EMT Design Question

Bill wrote:

Thank you for your interest. Yes, that just what I am prepared to do.
I've still working with drywall compound anyway, and I haven't primed
anything yet, so that part is no big deal. The only thing left about
it that seems unorthodox to me is having the EMT come through the
wall (6 inches before the ceiling) without some sort of fixture to
guide it. However, it will be securely clamped to the stud befind the
wall and to the ceiling after it exits. You could think of it as an
"all EMT" solution--except part of the EMT lies behind the wall.

That would be a fine solution.

--

-Mike-