Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT Nuclear power and Saudi Arabia.

On Aug 23, 12:43*pm, "
wrote:
On Aug 23, 7:36*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

bob haller wrote:
Nobody has yet figured out what to do with the nuclear waste. They
always conveniently leave that out of the cost equation.

Nobody has figured out what to do with waste from mining and burning
coal either, but that hasn't stopped us from using a few billion tons
every year.

mining and burning coal cant make a large area of our planet
uninhabitible for hundreds to thousands of years literally overnight

A bit of an exxageration, don't you think? * At Chernobyl the whole
plant blew up with the reactor veesel totally exposed. *Yet the
exclusion area is 19 miles, not what I would
call a large area of the planet.
I live 25 miles from the oldest operating nuke in the country
and I sleep OK at night. * That's because I realize there are
no perfect solutions and am willing to accept reasonable
risks.

Taht was/is in the ex-USSR. They don't worry if a few thousand people
have their lives signifcantly shortened. And still don't