Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Ventline Range hood

In article ,
LouB wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

The price of a switch is what, $5? I assume it's just some generic
switch you can buy anywhere? Why not fix it?

I am not so sure on generic $5 switch. BTW Can I assume the hood is on
the same circuit as the stove or a different circuit. Since the light
and fan do not work due to switch going bad there is no easy way to test.

The first thing you learn in manufacturing is, nobody makes anything.
It's just assembling stuff that someone else made. With nine million
stock switches to choose from, it's virtually inconceivable that the
hood manufacturer designed his own switch. And on the off chance that
you couldn't find an exact drop-in, you could certainly find one that
was functionally equivalent. Might have to modify the mounting a tad.