Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default What is the difference between tuner cleaner and contact cleaner?

In article ,
micky wrote:

What is the difference between tuner cleaner and contact cleaner?

A friend needs the connection between her earphones and her cell phone
cleaned. She gets intermittent loss of sound, and iiuc wiggliing the
plug affects this sound But I don't think the solder connections are
bad, sine she had it cleaned a year ago for the same problem and it
worked well until a month ago.

It's some sort of non-standard, proprietary plug.

I'm not sure what to use, and I've long wondered about the difference
between tuner cleaner and contact cleaner. When she went to the
cell phone store, he used Keyboard Cleaner. I think the plastic is
really clean now

Thanks

DeOxIt is one of the best contact cleaners available. A shot of that in
the female followed by 30 seconds of gentle copulation should take care
of it.