Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Belts; was: Starting the Royal Enfield Restoration

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:25:24 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:20:58 -0500, Sunworshipper SW@GWNTUNDRA wrote:

Ive got about 2000 V belts..mostly brand new Gates. Need any?

Gunner

Matter of fact I do. Don't know the numbers and too busy to remember
to squirt them with wd40, oil leak.

SW

When you do..let me know. I might have something to fit.

Gunner

Went in to buy a drive belt for my SB "A" the other day, same place I
bought the replacement for the original leather belt for, IIRC, $9.00
about 25 years ago. Price quoted? $175.00 ! Guess I get to pull the
spindle and install the 52" serpentine belt I bought for $2.00 a
couple years ago; probably a good idea to pull the spindle and do a
thourough clean up anyhow as I doubt that it has been apart since it
was new 51 years ago.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada