Posted to rec.woodworking
m II m II is offline

Default EMT Design Question

It would be a little ridiculous to worry about the little protection EMT
provides over Romex when you have surface mounted lighting fixtures exposed
to bashing with lumber. Things need to match and not get ridiculous. Like
Mike says...put Romex in the ceiling and forget all the fuss. A little
surface exposure is not a big deal. If you listened to Dougy you won't be
getting an inspection anyway.

Be sure the Inspector doesn't class your sawdust environment as explosive
(I've seen it blow doors off switches) and you would be running real
conduit....LOL

1--------------------
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
That's not what I was referring to Bill. I was talking about all of the
fuss (if I understood it correctly) with hitting a flush mount box while
also having surface mount boxes right there as well. It seemed to me that
you were trying to make too much of the job by trying to get conduit into
the flush mount.

Bill wrote:
I'm not sure adding EMT for the lighting to a shops ceiling, to a shop
that already has romex in the walls represents an overcomplication.
I agree if one had PVC conduit, Greenfield, and EMT running across the
ceiling so that it spelled "b-i-l-l", that it probably wouldn't look
like the work was completed in a workmanlike manner...