Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Sharing photos from lighting experiment

On 8/22/2011 2:43 PM, Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:

_ANY_ borg will have a display of books covering, in detail, every
conceivable issue you bring up.

You could buy a book, read, comprehend, and execute, and be done with
much quicker that typing a question and waiting on responses.

It's not all about being "done".

Sometimes I even create threads to promote discussion of what I perceive
are things of general interest (like hammers). Even on simple things, we
do not have agreement (use of EMT or FMT for instance?).

Sometimes I even take photos or create SketchUp models to help make my
posts more interesting (and it's good practice for me).

You were the one who suggested you don't want to read how to cut a
dove-tail joint everyday. I'm playing right into your hand, no?

No, you're not ... a dovetail joint is not regulated by a code, nor is
it generally dangerous in the wrong hands.

You miss the point ... a book on electrical installation, and
particularly the DIY versions for reasons of liability, will have, more
often than not, been written by an expert in the field, edited by same,
and published with a fairly good guarantee of overall correctness.

Here you are mostly getting the noise of self-styled experts who have no
more qualifications in the matter than you do.

Which would you rather build your future on?

That's not to say that you can't get good advice here (Doug Miller (who
knows more about the various NEC's than any electrician I've ever paid
for), Lew Hodges, Mike Marlowe, to name just a few), but just trying to
read one of the threads attempting to answer your myriad of question,
which always seem to beget more questions than answers, and it is
apparent to an outside observer with a bit of knowledge on the subject,
that the wheat gets lost in the chaff/noise.

You're obviously too close to the forest to see the trees, or even
recognize a tree (analogy only) ... that's why I said what I said, and
why Lee did also.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010