Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Voltmeter display.

In article ,
The Other Mike wrote:
Do you really need an absolute value - not that long ago the LM3914
coupled with a few LED's was enough to satisfy the needs of endurance
racing at Le Mans. Dimming is easy to achieve, voltages above and
below normal can be made to flash the display.

I'm not racing at Le Mans. ;-) An accurate voltage readout tells you about
the state of several things. Battery condition with the engine stopped,
charging system when running.

Rather than use a 10 LED's you could even substitute a single multi
colour LED.

Ages ago I fitted a current measuring system with a an LED which is green
on charge, red on discharge and amber when balancing the load. Which is ok
as an idiot light, but not so nice as a voltmeter.

--
*Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.