Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT. Giant TV screens,,

On Aug 23, 2:19*am, aemeijers wrote:
On 8/22/2011 4:19 AM, harry wrote:

On Aug 21, 6:21 pm, "
*wrote:
On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 09:58:55 -0700 (PDT), *wrote:

The rot comes from this crap that comes from America. Violent videos.
films *and computer games etc.
Arnie, f***k off

I know. *The demise of the British Empire was Goerge Bush's fault.

No. Roosevelt and Truman between them.

You're just too funny, harry. *I guess you would be happier speaking German or
Russian.

I already speak some German. *And Bush was as bad as Hitler so you
will be speaking from first hand experience.

I know the term will be meaningless to harry, but can I now invoke
Godwin here, collect my five pounds, and kill any future posts from him
about politics and world history?

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

Godwin's law applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or
hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with
Nazis. The law and its corollaries would not apply to discussions
covering known mainstays of Nazi Germany such as genocide, eugenics or
racial superiority, nor, more debatably, to a discussion of other
totalitarian regimes or ideologies, since a Nazi comparison in those
circumstances may be appropriate. In effect committing the fallacist's
fallacy. Whether it applies to humorous use or references to oneself
is open to interpretation, since this would not be a fallacious attack
against a debate opponent.

Clearly NOT a Godwins.