Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Putting speed control on attic fan

Mikepier wrote:
A few weeks ago I posted a problem with too much negative air pressure
in my house caused by my attic fan. The motor I have on the fan is
similiar to this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...TM0Q87VFEGEJM8

I wanted to get somekind of speed controller to slow down the speed of
the fan. I've seen them on Broan's website, and they are rated for 6
amps.
Any issues if I put the motor on a rheostat? Are these motors designed
to work on low voltage?

I always call my whole house fan, an attic fan, because that's what it is,
in the attic.

I use a green plug to slow it down a bit.

Greg